How do I apply for the State Property Tax M1PR Refund?

If you owned and occupied this property on January 2 of this year as your homestead, you may qualify for a property tax refund. In addition, Minnesota homeowners whose property taxes increased by more than 12% over last year may be eligible for a special property tax refund. To determine if you are eligible for the Minnesota property tax refund and/or the special property tax refund, read the Form M-1PR Instructions and fill out the Form M-1PR.

Your state income tax booklet may contain the Form M-1PR and instructions. If not, you can download forms from the Minnesota Department of Revenue or request forms by calling the state at 651-296-4444, or by writing to:
Minnesota Tax Forms
Mail Station 1421
St. Paul, MI 55146-1421

Show All Answers

1. When will I receive my current year property tax statement?
2. Who do I contact about questions about your property tax payment?
3. What if I haven't received a tax bill?
4. How do I change the mailing address on my tax statement?
5. How are my property taxes calculated?
6. Where do my property tax dollars go?
7. Can I make a partial payment on my current year taxes?
8. What if I overpay my taxes?
9. What if my property tax payment is late?
10. What if I become delinquent on my property taxes?
11. What is a Truth - In - Taxation (TNT) notice?
12. Can the amount of my property tax due on my tax statement be different than the amount on my proposed tax notice?
13. What is Tax Increment Tax?
14. What are Special Taxing Districts?
15. What is a Special Assessment?
16. How do I apply for the State Property Tax M1PR Refund?