How do I get an address?

If the address is for a new construction you need to apply for a building permit in the Zoning Department at the Sherburne County Government Center. Your information will be given to the addressing technician in Public Works, and an address will be assigned and ready when you come to pick up your building permit. If you need an address for an existing building you should call the Public Works Department to receive an address. You will need to provide the Parcel ID Number of the property in question and the driveway location on the property.

All addresses are assigned according to where the driveway intersects the main road. If your property is located within the municipalities you must contact the municipality for an address.

Show All Answers

1. How are addresses assigned?
2. How do I get an address?
3. How do I get a address number sign?
4. What are the reasons for an address change?