How do I get the VA to pay me for my disabilities?

VA Compensation Benefits may be paid to an eligible veteran who has a disabling physical or mental condition which was incurred or aggravated during military service. Pension Benefits are paid to veterans who have a non-service connected disabling (post service) which has been or can be diagnosed as permanent and total in nature, preventing gainful employment. Income and asset levels do apply. You should contact your officer for an interview to determine eligibility and for assistance in applying or these benefits.

For more information see our section on disabilities and the Veterans Benefits Administration.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get into the VA Healthcare System?
2. How do I get my prescription medications from the VA?
3. How do I arrange for transportation to the VA for my medical appointments?
4. How do I get the VA to pay me for my disabilities?
5. How do I get a copy of my discharge papers?
6. How do I apply for a VA Home Loan Guarantee?
7. How do I apply for VA burial benefits?
8. How do I apply for VA death benefits?
9. How do I obtain Veterans Preference Points for employment?
10. How do I know what education benefits are available?
11. How do I obtain replacement medals?