On Friday, November 22, the Sherburne County Government Center in Elk River will host a Constitution Day “Open Courthouse” event designed to showcase the work of Minnesota’s courts, and educate the public about the work of judges, attorneys, law enforcement, and Sherburne County departments in administering the state’s justice system and county government.
The Open Courthouse event will feature numerous activities, including:
- A special welcome presentation featuring local judges and a justice from the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- An opportunity to meet local district court judges and justice partners.
- Informational “behind-the-scenes” tours of the Sherburne County Government Center Courts Judicial Services and Administration wings, with presentations by judges and county administrators.
- Information Fair featuring court and county departments.
- Free, one-on-one legal assistance will be provided through the walk-in Self-Help Center.
- A mock trial experience with a local district court judge.
- A Sherburne County Law Library tour and free legal clinic services.
The Constitution Day Open Courthouse event is being hosted by Sherburne County District Court in partnership with Sherburne County and local justice partners.
More information about the event will be provided in the weeks ahead, and will also be posted at www.mncourts.gov/sherburneopencourthouse.
The Sherburne County Government Center in Elk River is located at 13880 Business Ctr. Dr. NW. There is public parking in the lot located adjacent to the building.