The Sherburne County Recorder's Office is an acceptance agent for passport applications.
Please make note of the following requirements for passport application:
- All applicants must be ready to apply in person at least a half hour prior to closing to assure enough processing time.
- Certified birth certificate is also required. (can be obtained from the Recorder's Office for a $26 fee if the applicant was born in Minnesota after 1935.)
- Customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 must submit a clear copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S citizenship.
- A passport photo is required. (can be obtained from the Recorder's Office for a $15 fee.)
- A valid Photo ID is required.
Passport fee payments accepted as follows:
- Certified Checks
- Execution Fees Paid With Credit / Debit Cards
- Money Order
- Personal Checks
Fast Service Tips
Here are some tips to help you get faster service:
Fill out the passport application ahead of time. Download application forms from the Passport Services website.
Avoid the rush:
- Avoid days right before or after holidays.
- Avoid the lunch hour or end of the day.
- Be aware that we may be busier during school breaks (passport season).
Minneapolis Passport Agency
To apply at the agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll-free at 877-487-2778, 24 hours a day. When you make the appointment you must let them know you are planning on applying at the Minneapolis Passport Agency.