The Sherburne County Recorder’s Office is an acceptance agent for passport applications.
Passport Application- Book Your Appointment Here
Please make note of the following requirements for passport application:
- Make sure to arrive with all applications completed using black ink. Complete Application Here
- Certified birth certificate is also required. (can be obtained from the Recorder’s Office for a $26 fee if the applicant was born in Minnesota after 1935.)
- Customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 must submit a copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S citizenship.
- A passport photo is required. (can be obtained from the Recorder’s Office for a $17 fee.)
- A valid Photo ID is required.
Passport fee payments accepted as follows:
- One check or money order is required with each application made out to the US Department of State.
- Execution Fees can be paid using any form of payment.
Fast Service Tips
Here are some tips to help you get faster service:
Fill out the passport application ahead of time. Download application forms from the Passport Services Website
Requirement Chart For Travel Chart
Minneapolis Passport Agency
To apply at the agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll-free at 877-487-2778, 24 hours a day. When you make the appointment you must let them know you are planning on applying at the Minneapolis Passport Agency.