We are open by appointment ONLY.
Please Book Here
The Sherburne County Recorder’s Office is an acceptance agent for passport applications.
Please make note of the following requirements for passport application:
- Make sure to arrive with all applications completed using black ink. Complete Application Here
- Certified birth certificate is also required. (can be obtained from the Recorder’s Office for a $26 fee if the applicant was born in Minnesota after 1935.)
- Customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 must submit a copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S citizenship.
- A passport photo is required. (can be obtained from the Recorder’s Office for a $17 fee.)
- A valid Photo ID is required.
Passport fee payments accepted as follows:
- One check or money order is required with EACH application made out to the US Department of State.
- Execution Fees can be paid using any form of payment.
Fast Service Tips
Here are some tips to help you get faster service:
Fill out the passport application ahead of time. Download application forms from the Passport Services Website
Helpful Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3x67Fmnk98 (child’s passport) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg1ZKiHkFDE (apply in person)
Minneapolis Passport Agency: To apply at the agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll-free at 877-487-2778, 24 hours a day. When you make the appointment you must let them know you are planning on applying at the Minneapolis Passport Agency.