**We are open by appointment ONLY. Please Book Here
Responsibilities & Services
The Recorders Office is responsible for all the real estate records for properties located in Sherburne County. Permanent records of deeds, mortgages and other various real estate records are recorded / filed in this office. All documents are examined to ensure they contain the required information.
Another important function of the Recorders Office is to protect and issue certified copies of Birth and Death Records.
"To protect, preserve, and record documents relating to Real Estate, and Vital Statistics in a methodical manner for posterity in legal and security purposes."
Property Watch Alert
Attention Sherburne County Property Owners
You can now be notified when there is a document recorded in the Recorder's Office with your name on it. The Sherburne County Recorder provides a free online subscription to Property Watch. This service notifies the subscriber / property owner when a document is recorded in the Sherburne County Recorder's Office with their name on it. No personal information is needed to subscribe for this service, just your name and preferred method of contact (either by email or phone).
- RecordEASE Tract Index (Access Agreement and Escrow Forms are needed)
- Completed Foreclosure Sales
- Court Records - Divorce Decrees, Probates, etc.
- Uniform Conveyancing Blanks - Real Estate Forms
- Minnesota Official Marriage System (MOMS) - Records from 1856 to current
- Maps / GIS / Plat Search
- Sherburne History Center - Genealogy searches and historical records