Corrections Advisory Board
- Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Board Room
13880 Business Center Drive NW
Elk River, MN 55330-4668
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Members are asked to serve at least two-year terms and are appointed by Sherburne County Board of Commissioners.
- Kenneth Asangwe
- John Barr
- Barbara Burandt, Sherburne County Commissioner
- Deb Anderson, DOC District Supervisor
- J. Hancuch, Director, Sherburne County Community Corrections
- Angie Folch, Big Lake High School Assistant Principal
- Honorable Mary Yunker, Judge 10th Judicial District (Chair)
- Law Enforcement
- Joel Brott, Sherburne County Sheriff
- Don Starry, Chief Deputy (alternate)
- Kathleen Heaney, Sherburne County Attorney (alternate)
- Sam Wertheimer, Chief Deputy
- Public Defense
- Lisa Hallberg, Public Defender, Managing Attorney
- Social Services
- Mary Jo Cobb, Director Sherburne County HHS
- Amanda Larson, Programmer (alternate)
About the Advisory Board
Community Corrections is assisted by members of the community who volunteer their time to assist Sherburne County Community Corrections to meet their mission statement of Enhancing Public Safety and Facilitating Offender Change Through Evidence Based and Restorative Practices.
Per statue the corrections advisory board shall actively participate in the formulation of the comprehensive plan for the development, implementation, and operation of the correctional program and services and shall make a formal recommendation to the county board or joint board at least annually concerning the comprehensive plan and its implementation during the ensuing year.