Effective immediately the Sherburn County Law Library will remain unstaffed through April 6th. The Law Library will remain open during Courthouse hours.
You may contact the Librarian at 763-765-4800 and leave a message. We will return your call within a day.
You may also email your question to: email@example.com
Please call the 10th District Self Help Center with any immediate legal question at 763-760-6699.
The Self-Help clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays is still open until further notice. Call 763-760-6699 to confirm.
Thank you, and stay safe,
Looking for advice on civil legal issues and can’t afford an attorney?
Sherburne County’s Law Library hosts a Legal Advice Clinic every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
(The Law Library is on the first floor of the new Sherburne County Government Center expansion, directly across from Court Administration).
There is also a Self-Help Clinic serving self-represented litigants outside the Law Library at theCourt Administration windows offered by the Tenth Judicial District. It is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 -11:30 a.m. and 1:30-3:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary. For more information or immediate help go to:
The Sherburne County Law Library is maintained by the Sherburne County Law Library Board. The law library provides residents of the county with information on Minnesota court rules, local, state and federal laws, public court forms and community resources.
The library staff cannot assist customers with the following requests which apply to the practice of law:
- Give legal advice or opinions
- Answer your legal question
- Explain legal procedure, court rules, or interpret the text of statute, legal opinion, and/or administrative regulation
- Assist in filling out your Court forms
- Refer an attorney
Sherburne County Law Library has limited staff. The staff is customer service oriented and will attempt to assist you in locating the materials needed. Assistance is based on first-come, first-serve which may require a wait.
- Legal Reference Assistance
- Photocopies - $0.15 per page, Coin-operated machine available if staff is unavailable
- Computers - for Internet access and document preparation
- Free Wi-Fi
- Printing - $0.15 per page
- Westlaw access and FinPlan Divorce Math Software
The collection is cataloged and classified according to the Library of Congress and is available online through the Minnesota State Law Library's online catalog. Search the Minnesota State Law Library Catalog.
Only selected materials are allowed to circulate and only to attorneys who are licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
- NOLO Legal Topics written for non-lawyers
- Minnesota Statutes
- Minnesota Statutes Annotated
- Minnesota Rules
- Minnesota Practice Series
- United States Code Annotated
- Northwestern Reporter
- Supreme Courts Reports
- Standing order to all Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Courses