The Law Library will be open for limited visits by the public beginning June 16th. Hours will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
Visitors will be limited to 1 person in the Library at a time, and are asked to wear masks.
You may contact the Librarian at 763-765-4800 and leave a message. Voicemail is checked daily.
You may also email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call the 10th District Self Help Center with any immediate legal question at 763-760-6699.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch offers help with filling out court forms at their website.
Guide & File is a free, online, mobile-friendly interview tool that asks simple questions and uses the answers to complete the appropriate court forms.
The Statewide Self-Help Center accepts calls at (651) 435-6535, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on court forms.
Go here for more information: http://www.mncourts.gov/About-The-Courts/NewsAndAnnouncements/ItemDetail.aspx?id=1888
The monthly Legal Advice Clinic is available as a telephone conference. Please call the Law Library for availability and to make an appointment. The next possible dates are May 13th and June 10th.
The Sherburne County Law Library is maintained by the Sherburne County Law Library Board. The law library provides residents of the county with information on Minnesota court rules, local, state and federal laws, public court forms and community resources.
The library staff cannot assist customers with the following requests which apply to the practice of law:
- Give legal advice or opinions
- Answer your legal question
- Explain legal procedure, court rules, or interpret the text of statute, legal opinion, and/or administrative regulation
- Assist in filling out your Court forms
- Refer an attorney
Sherburne County Law Library has limited staff. The staff is customer service oriented and will attempt to assist you in locating the materials needed. Assistance is based on first-come, first-serve which may require a wait.
- Legal Reference Assistance
- Photocopies - $0.15 per page, Coin-operated machine available if staff is unavailable
- Computers - for Internet access and document preparation
- Free Wi-Fi
- Printing - $0.15 per page
- Westlaw access and FinPlan Divorce Math Software
The collection is cataloged and classified according to the Library of Congress and is available online through the Minnesota State Law Library’s online catalog. Information about Minnesota State Law Library Catalog.
Only selected materials are allowed to circulate and only to attorneys who are licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota.
- NOLO Legal Topics written for non-lawyers
- Minnesota Statutes
- Minnesota Statutes Annotated
- Minnesota Rules
- Minnesota Practice Series
- United States Code Annotated
- Northwestern Reporter
- Supreme Courts Reports
- Standing order to all Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Courses