If you or a family member is currently participating in any of the following programs, you and your family may be automatically eligible for the WIC Program:
- Medical Assistance
- Medical Assistance - TEFRA
- SNAP (Food Stamps)
- MN Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Fuel Assistance
- Reduced or Free School Lunch
- Head Start
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
If you don’t participate in any of the programs listed above, your family may qualify for WIC based on your household size and gross income (before taxes are taken out).
- Household size – WIC includes people who live together and share income and household expenses (bills, food, etc.).
- WIC counts a pregnant woman as two family members.
- If your family does not meet the WIC Standard Guidelines, you may still qualify if you are below the MN Health Care Programs Guidelines and are willing to apply for Medical Assistance or MNCare. Contact the WIC Clinic to learn more!
To apply for WIC, if you’re unsure if you qualify, or if you have any questions, please call the WIC Clinic at 763-765-4116.
|Family Size*||Income Eligibility Guidelines for|
Minnesota Health Care Programs**
(275% of Federal Poverty Guidelines)
|WIC Standard Income Guidelines|
(185% of Federal Poverty Guidelines) **
|Effective Date||July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020||July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020|
|Each Additional Member Add||$12,155||$234||$8,177||$158|
|* Medicaid (MA)|
**Higher income guidelines apply for pregnant women and infants under age 2
*** pregnant women count as 2 persons
Children in foster care or children receiving SSI or TEFRA are also eligible. For more information, see State Eligibility Information.