Reporting Abuse

How to Report Abuse or Neglect

Contact Sherburne County Health and Human Services at 763-765-4000 or the police if you believe that a child is being hurt or neglected. Professionals whose jobs involve the care of children, such as doctors, teachers and ministers, are required by law to report suspected child abuse or neglect. Other people such as neighbors or relatives are encouraged to report if they think a child is being abused or neglect.

Maltreatment Report Form

For School Personnel Only

Contact us for Maltreatment Reporting

Contact us for Early Educational Neglect Reporting

For more details about reporting: Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect: A Resource Guide for Mandated Reporters in English (PDF).

Mandated Reporter Training Available

Workers in a number of professions, including health care, social services, psychological treatment, child care, education, corrections, law enforcement and clergy, are required to report suspected child maltreatment. To help mandated reporters better understand the law and reporting requirements, Mandated Reporter Training videos are available. 

About the Reporting Process

For information on the child protection process, including what happens when a report of child maltreatment is accepted by a county or tribe, see the brochure Families’ Guide to Child Protection (PDF).

Child Protection Response Flow Chart