All healthy eating initiatives focus on the following four goals:
- Increasing access to fruits and vegetables
- Decreasing access to foods high in sodium
- Saturated fat
- Added sugars
- Healthy Snacks and Classroom Celebrations: Working with schools to offer healthy snacks and foods at celebrations and fundraisers
- School Gardens
- Adoption of healthier food policies for students and staff at school fundraisers, celebrations and in vending machines.
- Adding water bottle filling stations in the school buildings to encourage water intake instead of sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Farm to Schools