Child and Teen Checkups are routine health checkups for youth (from birth to age 21) on Medical Assistance. Checkups take place at their regular medical and dental clinic. Medical and dental checkups can help find and treat health problems early.
Provider Resource Lists:
At a Checkup
- Development and behavioral screenings
- Education about the next stage of your child or teen's growth and development
- Height, weight and other growth measurements/physical exam
- Immunizations (shots)
- Lab tests / risk assessment
- Referral to a dentist and fluoride varnish (to help prevent tooth decay)
- Screening for lead
- Social-emotional and mental health screenings
- Time with your health care provider to talk about your questions and concerns
- Vision and hearing tests
For additional information about Child and Teen Checkups, connecting to community resources (i.e.: WIC Nutrition Program, Head Start) or assistance in locating a C&TC Medical Provider or Dentist in your area, please call Sherburne County Health and Human Services / Public Health Division at 763-765-4000 and request to speak with either the C&TC Coordinator or a C&TC Outreach staff person. The Minnesota Department of Health has more information for families on Child and Teen Checkups.
Select or scan link below for the MDH on importance of Child and Teen Checkups and benefits of receiving these services.