Child Care Assistance

Sherburne County Health and Human Services offers a subsidized assistance program to help pay for childcare services. Childcare Assistance is for people who are employed or seeking employment.


  • Child Care Assistance Programs (CCAP) help make quality childcare affordable for income-eligible families, who are employed or seeking employment. All families have a co-payment based on their gross income and family size.
  • MFIP Child Care - is available to families who participate in the MFIP Program.
  • Transition Year Child Care - provides child care to families whose MFIP case has closed within the last 12 months.
  • Basic Sliding Fee Child Care - is for low-income families who do not qualify for MFIP Child Care or Transition Year Child Care

Approved Plan

2024-2025 Sherburne County and Tribal Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

Applying for the Child Care Assistance Program

Before families can receive child care assistance, they must complete an application and meet eligibility requirements. The application must be signed.

There are three ways families can apply for the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP). The method used depends on your situation and the program(s) you are applying for:

  1. The Minnesota Child Care Program Application DHS-3550. This form can be used when families are applying for CCAP only.
  2. A Combined Application - Child Care Addendum DHS-5223D and a Combined Application Form DHS-5223 (CAF) can be completed if you are applying for cash or SNAP with CCAP.
  3. A Child Care Application must be completed or you can complete an application online at Minnesota's online application can be completed when applying for CCAP only or when then applying for cash and / or SNAP.

No interview is required. If you have questions, please call Health and Human Services at 763-765-4000.