Adult Protection

Report Abuse

To report vulnerable adult maltreatment, please contact the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center at 844-880-1574 (toll free). Website access for mandated reporters.

If this is an immediate emergency - call 911

For more information, read a brochure on reporting abuse (PDF).  Or watch this 30 second video.

Vulnerable Adults / Adult Protection

Sherburne County Health and Human Services is responsible for investigating several forms of vulnerable adult (VA) maltreatment including physical and sexual abuse, neglect, self-neglect and financial exploitation. Our agency provides short-term supportive services to vulnerable adults to ensure overall safety and wellbeing.

Access Sherburne County's Adult Protection Services Prioritization Guidelines

Guardianship & Conservatorship

When an individual is no longer able to make decisions in their best interest, a guardian or conservator may be appointed to make legal decisions regarding where to live, medical decisions or managing a person's finances and estate.

Access Guardianship / Conservatorship forms from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.

Additional Resources

  • MAGIC-The Minnesota Association for Guardianship and Conservatorship
  • The Minnesota Judicial Branch provides additional information and forms including the Guardianship and Conservatorship Manual.