Inmate Phone, Email Provider & Mail
Inmate Phone System:
NCIC Inmate Communications offers Friends and Families Prepaid Calling Service allowing incarcerated persons at Sherburne County to stay in contact with loved ones. No incoming calls can be received. Each inmate will be given access to the telephone upon the completion of the booking process. Telephones for private use are located in each housing area.
Inmate calls (local and long distance) are billed at a per-minute rate, with no connection fees. International calls are also billed at a per-minute rate. Three-way calls are prohibited.
The calling rates for Sherburne County are shown below:
Benefits of setting up a Prepaid Account:
- One account to manage ALL inmate communications (Phone Calls, Video Visits and Messages)
- Quick and easy account setup
- Funding and support around the clock 24/7/365
All mail coming into the Sherburne County Jail will be processed through the U.S. Postal Service. All correspondence and paperwork that requires an inmates signature must be delivered through the U.S. mail. Inmate mail will be checked for contraband prior to distribution.
Examples of items considered to be contraband are:
- Letters or pictures written in crayon or gel pens
- Stickers, glitter, glue
- Gang graffiti or symbols that could be considered gang graffiti
- Lewd and lascivious pictures
- Pictures depicting gang signs
- Foreign substances such as lipstick, perfume, glue or other substances.
- Newspapers/Magazines: including small clippings or articles
- Laminated items
- Blank sheets of paper/envelopes/stamps etc…
- Books must be new, soft cover and from a publisher/vendor only. Books received from any other source will be considered contraband and will be placed in the inmate’s property. Coloring and puzzle books are not allowed.
- Or any other items deemed a threat to the safety and security of the facility.
Mail addressed to an inmate who has been transferred or released will be returned to sender. Incoming certified or registered mail for inmates will be processed as other mail and will be signed for by jail staff. All incoming mail should be addressed as follows:
Sherburne County Jail
13880 Business Center Dr. NW
Elk River, MN 55330-1692
You can now send messages and pictures which is quicker, easier and cheaper than sending letters through the mail. You can fund your Messaging with your current Inmate Telephone account or if you don’t have an account you can go to www.NCIC.com and set one up. Messages are $0.25 per Message and Picture Messages are $0.35 per Picture. There is no limit on how many messages and photos that can be sent to the inmates. All messages and pictures are screened and approved prior to the inmate receiving them.