Big Lake is a rapidly growing community located along the banks of Big and Mitchell lakes. Big Lake is located about 45 miles from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport and 28 miles from the St. Cloud Regional Airport.
The city's population is estimated to be 11,456 and Big Lake Township's to be 7,785, totaling 18,959. Since 2000, there have been more than 1,127 single family homes built in the city.
With the population growth comes new businesses and redevelopment projects. Please check out our Economic Development page for updates.
For more information, contact City Administrator Hannah Klimmek or call (763) 251-2979.
The City of Big Lake's Area School District 727 is comprised of four schools. Approximately 3,400 students are enrolled in the district. Call 763-262-2537 for more information, or visit website.
- School District: 727
- Number of Schools: 4
- Number of Students: 3,400
- U.S. Highway 10
- Minnesota Highway 25
- Big Lake City Hall - 763-263-2107
- Big Lake Maintenance Department - 763-263-2268
- Big Lake Chamber of Commerce - 763-263-7800
Six places of worship within Big Lake serve a variety of denominations.
A variety of chiropractic, dental clinics and senior care facilities are located in the immediate area.
- Monticello-Big Lake Community Hospital in Monticello - 763-295-2945
First Class Post Office and Express Service available.
- RiverWood Bank - 763-262-2265
- Old National Bank - 763-262-3661
- Minneapolis Star Tribune (daily)
- St. Paul Pioneer Press (daily)
Telecommunications (Telephone, Cable, Internet)
- Charter Communications 800-581-0081
- Hughes Net
- Sherburne County Rural Tel Co. 763-262-4100
- Windstream Communications 763-263-3022
- Connexus Energy 800-642-1672
- Xcel Energy 800-895-4999
- CenterPoint Energy 800-245-2377
Refuse & Recycling:
- Ace Solid Waste, Inc. 763-427-3110
- Allied Waste 800-437-1835
- Birchem Sanitation 763-441-3572
- Randy's Environmental Services 763-479-3335
- Veolia Environmental Services 888-251-8919
- Waste Management 320-253-6491