Sherburne County Driver’s License office is open for Appointments only. Appointments open up daily so check back often. We are currently only booking 30 days in advance.
The REAL ID deadline is extended to May 3rd, 2023
DVS offers a number of online services. Visit drive.mn.gov to find out if you can complete your transaction online before you visit offices.
- For Appointments in our Office, come prepared.
- Bring the correct documentation
- Bring your own pen
- Fill out your application online before you arrive (use the Pre-Apply link on the eservices tab- if you paid online you do not need to come into our office)
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment and check in with the front desk to show your ticket number or they will assist you with getting your ticket number. Please cancel with as much notice as possible if you need to. You can check your email or online to cancel. Cancelling ahead of time allows us to open that appointment to another person who needs it.
REAL ID Update:
Federal REAL ID Enforcement Deadline Extended to May 3rd, 2023
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is extending the REAL ID full enforcement deadline to May 3rd, 2023.
Minnesotans are encouraged to use the online pre-application tool before they visit their local driver’s license office to ensure they have the required documents.
Every air traveler 18 years of age or older will need a REAL ID, enhanced driver’s license or ID, passport or passport card or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States or enter federal facilities beginning May 3rd, 2023. A standard Minnesota driver’s license will not be accepted for federal use as of that date, but it will still be a valid form of identification and valid for lawful driving privileges.
Driver’s License Renewal
You must submit your current driver’s license. A vision test and photo will be required. Applicants under 18 years of age must have their application signed by their parent or guardian. Your Social Security Number is required on the application.
We cannot transfer an out-of-state driver’s license to Minnesota without additional testing. See New Residents
Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
CDL license holders will be asked to complete a Medical Self-Certification Form (PDF) and submit an unexpired Medical Examiners Certificate, if applicable. A one-time submission of a citizenship document is also required at this time in order to renew a CDL license.
- Class A regular: $50.25
- Class A under 21: $30.25
- Class B regular / under 21: $42.25
- Class C regular / under 21: $35.25
- Class D regular / under 21: $31.25
- Provisional: $18.50
- Instruction Permit: $15.50
- Motorcycle renewal: $17
- School Bus original/renewal: $4
Driver’s License or Identification Duplicate / Replacement
When a card is lost, damaged, destroyed, or you just have an address change, an application must be completed for a duplicate or replacement card.
Identification requirements will apply if there is a name change. If your name has changed you must change with Social Security first. After it is changed you will need to bring in certified document of the name change ex: Marriage, Divorce or Court order documents.
A vision test is not required. Applicants under 18 years of age must have the application signed by a parent or guardian. Your Social Security Number is required on the application.
- Duplicate/ Replacement Fee: $17.00
Minnesota Driver’s License Manuals
As part of a new green initiative, Driver’s License Manuals are now available online, exclusively.
Use the links below to view an entire manual in English or visit the Department of Public Safety website for other options.