Juror Information

Courtroom Conduct

Casual or comfortable dress is acceptable. Jurors are not allowed to wear hats, smoke, drink beverages, chew gum or use other tobacco products in the courtroom. Books, newspapers, etc. may be brought to the court house but must be left in the jury assembly room. Laptop computers, cell phones and pagers are not allowed in the court rooms.


Jurors are summoned for a two week term. Jurors start calling the Juror Information Line at 763-765-4620 after 3:30 p.m. on the Friday before their Jury service begins.

About the Juror Information Line

  • It's a recorded message that jurors may call any time during the day, night, or weekend.
  • It provides instruction to jurors during their two-week term.
  • It instructs jurors if they are required to report for jury service.

If jurors need to report to the courthouse, they will be called in by their group number. Juror Call-In Group Numbers are located in the upper right corner of their Summons.

Jurors may bring electronic devices to use while they are waiting at the courthouse.

Pay & Day Care Reimbursement

Jurors are paid a small per diem plus round trip mileage from their home. Your employer is not legally obligated to pay your wages when serving on jury duty. They are legally obligated, however to allow you time off work when you are required to serve. Jurors not employed outside the home may be reimbursed for child care expenses as a result of jury service.


To be qualified to serve as a juror in the State of Minnesota, a proposed juror must be:

  • A citizen of the United States
  • A person who has had their civil rights restored if they have been convicted of a felony
  • A person who has not served as a state of federal grand or petit juror in the past 4 years within the State of Minnesota
  • A resident of the county
  • Able to communicate in the English language
  • At least 18 years old
  • Be physically and mentally able to provide fair jury service.

Juror Service Delay / Postponement

A juror may request a 1 time delay for up to one year. Submit a postponement electronically by emailing the court.