Community Partner Awards
Sherburne County Health and Human Services is pleased to announce a Community Partner Award (formerly known as mini-grants) opportunity in 2023. Funding is intended to support the implementation of action plans that create sustainable policy, system and/or environment (PSE) changes that expand opportunities for healthy eating, breastfeeding, physical activity, tobacco-free living, well-being, and community recovery. To be eligible, your organization must serve Sherburne County residents. New applicants, as well as those who have been previously funded are welcome to apply. If previously funded, we will not accept grant applications for the same project that was funded in prior years.
The Statewide Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP) invests in creating opportunities in partnership with communities that lead to equitable, healthy, and positive conditions that promote the health and well-being of all Minnesotans. Sherburne County is a recipient of the SHIP grant and works locally to support these efforts. Additional information about SHIP initiatives in Sherburne County may be found HERE. Community Health Boards, such as Sherburne County, have received funding from the CDC for COVID response, vaccine implementation, and community recovery.
Grant Application Deadline: January 27, 2023
Funding Amount for MN Eats, MN Moves OR MN Commercial Tobacco Free: $2,800 maximum
Funding Amount for MN Well-Being: $10,000 maximum
- MN Eats (previously known as Healthy Eating)
- MN Moves (previously known as Active Living)
- MN Commercial Tobacco Free Living (previously known as Tobacco Free Living)
- MN Well-Being (previously known as Well-Being)
Applications are due January 27, 2023. For full details and information on how to apply, view the following materials:
- Community Partner Award Instructions (PDF document)
- Community Partner Award Application (Word document)
- Community Partner Award Budget Proposal (Excel document)
- Community Partner Award Document Review (MP4 video file, sound starts 5 seconds into the video)
Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQ document will be updated periodically during the open application period with questions received by applicants. View the FAQs below.
- Community Partner Award FAQ 12.23.22
- Community Partner Award FAQ 12.30.22
- Community Partner Award FAQ 01.06.23
- Community Partner Award FAQ 01.13.23
- Community Partner Award FAQ 01.20.23