Need someone to watch your children while you renew your driver’s license, apply for public assistance, attend a court hearing, apply for a passport or conduct other business at the Sherburne County Government Center?
Free childcare is now available per guidelines listed below. No appointment required!
FOR AGES 6 WEEKS TO 12 YEARS
Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and
Friday 9:00 a.m. to noon.
Located on the 2nd floor next to Health & Human Services.
Childcare provided by YMCA staff.
- Parent/caregiver must remain on-site in the Government Center.
- Childcare is limited to 2.5 hours per day (the only exception is to allow up to a maximum of 3 hours for those who are attending court or for those who have an appointment with Central MN Jobs & Training for an employment services overview).
- If parents/caregiver’s opt-in to having YMCA staff change their child’s diaper, appropriate supplies must be provided, and a Diaper Waiver must be signed.
- Food/snacks are not allowed. Breastmilk and formula are allowed.
- Parents/caregivers are responsible for picking their children up at the close of daycare hours and/or when their time limit has expired. Those abusing pick-up procedures will be given notice that participation will be discontinued.
- YMCA staff may decline caretaking of a child who is ill, inconsolable, or disruptive. This is at the discretion of YMCA staff.
- Closed on county government holidays.
- Serves a maximum of 15 children, less if dictated by the needs and ages of the children present.