Sherburne County License & Passport Center is now available by appointment only
Please read below before you apply
Book one appointment per person
We are now taking appointments for the following services:
- Drivers Licenses
- Disability Parking Permits
- CDL Medical Certifications (can upload online here)
- Ministerial Credentials
- Notary Filing
- Certificate Filing- Birth/Marriage/Death Certificates
Please come prepared. Below are some reminders and information that will be helpful for you when you arrive and to reduce time and confusion.
- Don’t rush to an office right away if you don’t need to.
- We are reserving the first month of appointments for customers with expired licenses or for those that will be expired in the next month.
- Early renewals to upgrade to a Minnesota REAL ID or enhanced driver’s license or ID card should not be done at this time. The REAL ID deadline is extended to Oct. 1, 2021.
- DVS offers a number of online services. Visit drive.mn.gov to find out if you can complete your transaction online before you visit offices.
DPS-DVS will automatically extend the expiration to Nov. 30 for any driver’s license, ID card or permit that would have expired between March 13 and Oct. 31. If the COVID-19 peacetime emergency is extended past Sept. 11, the extension will also be extended.
This Includes any valid driver’s license, instruction permit (including commercial learner’s permits), provisional license, operator’s permit, limited license and farm work license. Also includes valid out-state driver’s licenses, ID cards and permits
Come prepared for your appointment
- For all Drivers License Appointments you need to fill out an application ahead of time. We will try to call you before your appointment to answer any questions you may have. Remember, if you apply for a REAL or Enhanced ID/DL you will need to bring in specific documents. Please review the MN Department of Vehicle Services site for more information. (Help me choose which license is right for me)
- Please wear a mask & bring your own black pen to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- We accept all forms of payment: Cash, Check or Credit Card (with 2.5% fee)
- If you are changing your name you must change with the Social Security office before you can change your license. You will still need to bring in your original name change documents with you on the day you apply.
Bring the correct documentation
Required Documents for:
Travel Concerns: Which license or credential is right for me?
Booking Help and What to Expect When You arrive:
Show up for your appointment no earlier than 10 mins before and check in at Door A. You will be greeted at the door, and you must confirm you have an appointment. Please reschedule or cancel with as much notice as possible. Cancelling ahead of time allows us to open that appointment to another person who needs it.
If you renewed or made payments online with the the Department of Driver & Vehicle Services
Please call the numbers below as we cannot assist with online renewals or payments made with DVS.
Questions on Online renewals: 651-297-3298
Questions on Driving Privileges: 651-296-2025
Exam Station Inquiries: 651-248-1000
Click on the links below for more information on the service or the required forms.
Drivers License- Real - Enhanced- Standard (Help me Choose)
Disability Parking Permits/Certificates
CDL Medical Certification (can upload online here) Birth/Death Records Marriage Certificates Notary Services Passports