Safety Awareness Self Defense Class
Registration for the Safety Awareness Self Defense Class is a two step process:
- Click here to register for a class, or to see if there are any classes currently being offered.
- Return to this page and click here to pay the non-refundable deposit (see below) for the class.
Fees for Class
Non-Refundable Deposit to be paid at time of registration:
- $10.00 for full-time County employees
- $20.00 for all other participants
Remaining Registration Fee after Deposit to be paid at the class:
- $15.00 for full-time County employees
- $5.00 for all other participants
The class is designed to give the basic knowledge and skills to help deal with a violent attack, and develop a personal protection plan. The class will stress the importance of knowing your surroundings, being aware of potentially dangerous situations at home, work, school, or at the mall. The class will also cover self-defense techniques that really work and some common sense preventative measures to incorporate into your lifestyle. You will learn how to punch and kick correctly, escape from being grabbed, and other simple yet effective techniques. Also covered will be realistic self-defense tool such as pepper sprays, stun guns, personal alarms, and other non-lethal defense options.
Students will be exposed to three (3) hours of Safety Awareness/Self Defense information, tips, skills, and techniques within an intimate and fun atmosphere.
Class sizes will be relatively small allowing instructor to critique student’s performance and provide important feedback.
The class will provide a critical personal safety plan. In the class students will learn:
- Identify and avoid dangerous encounters
- Discourage an attacker
Unfortunately, all dangerous encounters cannot be avoided, so the class also teaches how to:
- Use verbal commands & simple self-defense techniques
- Effectively and responsibly deploy less lethal options
- Escape an attacker
The class is designed for adults (ages 18+); however, with parent’s permission, ages 15-17 can attend.
The class is carefully taught in a safe manner by a qualified instructor.
Sherburne County Sheriff's Office
Range and Training Center
13880 Business Center Drive
Elk River, MN 55330