Minnesota Night to Unite
Night to Unite (National Night Out) is a statewide event that builds and fosters community bonds between citizens, businesses, and public safety organizations, such as the Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office. This annual celebration gathers neighborhoods and public safety personnel together to promote safer communities. Community benefits often extend beyond this single evening event as neighbors get to know each other and the public safety agencies that serve them.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Night to Unite 2020 is currently scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 6 rather than in August. Night to Unite will be conducted with public safety considerations surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic.
Night to Unite Goals are to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support and participation in crime prevention and community policing programs
- Strengthen neighborhood spirits and public safety-community partnerships
- Let criminals know that you are committed to keeping your neighborhood safe
Hosting a Gathering
- Individual neighborhoods host their own block parties
- Invite your neighbors at least one week before the event – create a “Save the Date” message earlier
- See who may be interested in helping to plan the event in your neighborhood
- Have a picnic, ice cream social, or just meet to talk – every gathering is different, do what works for your area
- Encourage another block or area nearby to join your gathering and have a larger celebration
- Register your gathering
Registering your gathering with the Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office
Please register your event here by September 21, 2020.
Contact Us / More Information
Please do not hesitate to contact us at the Sheriff’s Office. For more information about Minnesota’s Night to Unite, scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 6, contact Deputy Roxanne Schreder at (763) 765-3579 or by email.
Caption: Personnel from the Sheriff’s Office, Fire Departments, and Ambulance Services join in the festivities of Night to Unite by answering questions and providing tours of vehicles and equipment used during the course of their work day.