Help Sherburne County Name Our Park
The Park Naming Contest has ended. Check back here for information about the winning entry!
A park naming challenge is underway to find a GREAT name for the County’s newest park. Sherburne County is asking the public to contribute name ideas for the park located in Clear Lake Township along the Mississippi River.
View the following documents or park facts to help get you started:
- The parcel is 63 acres and 1200 feet of Mississippi River frontage
- There is an island in the river in front of the property
- One of the Red River Trails used for a trade route went near the site with Ox cart being the primary vehicle carrying furs and staples
- Archaeologist have found artifacts associated with Middle Mississippian Native American culture
- Dominant tree species in this area include bur oak and pin oak
- The park’s native habitat included floodplain and upland prairie species
- The master plan includes trails, boardwalks, picnic/tent campsites, play ground areas, volleyball and disc golf
- A boat landing is planned for the site
All names will be judged by the Sherburne County Park Commission for a recommendation to the County Board. The final determination will be at the discretion of the County Board.