Financial Services - Cash Assistance

Financial Services offers the following Cash Assistance Programs to Sherburne County citizens:

Childcare Assistance

This is a subsidized assistance program to help pay for childcare services. Childcare Assistance is for people who are employed or seeking employment.

Return to top

MFIP (Minnesota Family Investment Program)

This is a monthly cash payment working with families who have children or women who are pregnant.

Return to top

GA (General Assistance)

This is a monthly cash payment. It helps with money for food, housing, and other basic needs for those who do not have minor children and are not able to get help from other state or federal programs.

Return to top

MSA (Minnesota Supplemental Aid)

This is a monthly cash payment. It helps people whose disability, retirement, or other income is not enough. MSA is for people who are age 65 or older, disabled and age 18 or older, or blind.

Return to top

GRH (Group Residential Housing)

This is a monthly payment. It pays room and board for some people who cannot live in their own home. GRH is for people who are age 65 and over, disabled and age 18 or older, blind, or unable to work.

Return to top

RCA (Refugee Cash Assistance)

This is a monthly cash payment for certain refugees who have been in the United States eight months or less.

Return to top

County Crisis Funding, EMSA, EGA (Emergency Minnesota Supplemental Aid, Emergency General Assistance)

These programs offer short-term help for people who have children in the home under the age of 21, and who need money for a crisis such as a fire, utility shut off, eviction, illness, theft, loss of job, or other major problems.

Return to top

How to Apply

Download a Combined Application Form PDF or pick one up from our office.

Along with the completed application, you need an interview. Interviews are held:

  • Morning: Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (paperwork must be filled out by 9:30 a.m.)
  • Afternoon: Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (paperwork must be filled out by 2:00 p.m.)

You will need to bring proof of who you are, where you live, and other information about your family, your income, and what you own.

Social Services Contact:

Sherburne County Govt Center
ATTN: Social Services
13880 Business Center Dr NW
Elk River, MN 55330-1692

Office Location & Hours

Phone: 763-765-4000
Fax: 763-765-4096