Private information

Child support information is classified as private data under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act. Anyone can ask for public data.

Private data on individuals or nonpublic data not on individuals can be given to:

  • the person who is the subject of the data
  • others who the law says can see the data
  • anyone the person who is the subject of the data says, in writing, can see the data.

Releasing Private Information

If you want the Department of Human Services (DHS) and the county child support office to give private information concerning your child support case to a third party, such as your current spouse, attorney, relative or friend, you can complete the Authorization for Release of Child Support Information to a Third Party PDF. Fax or mail the authorization to the person you want to release the information.

Health & Human Services Contact:

Sherburne County Govt Center
ATTN: Health & Human Services
13880 Business Center Dr NW
Suite 100
Elk River, MN 55330-4668

Office Location & Hours

Phone: 763-765-4000
Fax: 763-765-4096
Contact Sherburne County with your questions, comments and feedback