Personal Care Assistance

Personal Care Assistance (PCA) services help a person with day-to-day activities in their home and community. PCAs help people with activities of daily living, health-related procedures and tasks, observation and redirection of behaviors and instrumental activities of daily living for adults.

PCA services are available to eligible to people enrolled in a Minnesota Health Care Program (Medical Assistance/PMAP). An evaluation of your needs must be completed to see if PCA services are right for you:

  • If you are on a PMAP, the PMAP needs to complete the evaluation and determine your elibigility.
  • If you are on straight medical assistance or SNBA, the county will send an assessor to your home to complete the evaluation to determine your eligibility.

For more information regarding Personal Care Assistance, please call Health and Human Services at 763-765-4000 or 1-800-433-5239.

MDHS Information Sheet

Health & Human Services Contact:

Sherburne County Govt Center
ATTN: Health & Human Services
13880 Business Center Dr NW
Suite 100
Elk River, MN 55330-4668

Office Location & Hours

Phone: 763-765-4000
Fax: 763-765-4096
Contact Sherburne County with your questions, comments and feedback