Adult Protection

To report vulnerable adult maltreatment, please contact the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center at 844-880-1574 (toll free).
Website access for mandated reporters:

If this is an immediate emergency - call 911.

More information about Reporting Abuse PDF

Vulnerable Adults/Adult Protection

Sherburne County Health and Human Services is responsible for investigating several forms of vulnerable adult (VA) maltreatment including physical and sexual abuse, neglect, self-neglect and financial exploitation. Our agency provides case management to vulnerable adults to ensure overall safety and wellbeing.

Additional Information:
Adult Protection Fact Sheet-Minnesota Department of Human Services

Guardian and Conservatorship

When an individual is no longer able to make decisions in their best interest, a guardian or conservator may be appointed to make legal decisions regarding where to live, medical decisions or managing a person's finances and estate.

Guardianship/Conservatorship forms from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.

Additional Resources

MAGIC-The Minnesota Association for Guardianship and Conservatorship

The Minnesota Judicial Branch provides additional information and forms including the Guardianship and Conservatorship Manual.

Health & Human Services Contact:

Sherburne County Govt Center
ATTN: Health & Human Services
13880 Business Center Dr NW
Suite 100
Elk River, MN 55330-4668

Office Location & Hours

Phone: 763-765-4000
Fax: 763-765-4096
Contact Sherburne County with your questions, comments and feedback