The Sherburne Advantage
Sherburne County, Minnesota is a great place to locate and grow your
business. What is the Sherburne Advantage? See the advantages listed below
and also the Business and Entrepreneurship branch of our web site.
Send us an email
or call the Administrator's Department at 763-765-3006 or
1-800-433-5229 to learn more.
- Development Assistance...Sherburne County communities are well organized for economic development and can work quickly to meet business needs.
- Cost Effective Government...high quality government services
yet still boasting a county property tax rate among the lowest in Minnesota.
- Education that Works...ongoing, progressive business/education
partnerships throughout the County.
- Choice Real Estate...available, reasonably priced
commercial/industrial land and housing.
- Transportation Links...easy access to I-94, U.S. Highways 10 and 169, Burlington Northern/Santa Fe Railroad mainline, and the St. Cloud Regional Airport. Commuter rail service via The Northstar Corridor connects Sherburne County communities, with downtown Minneapolis and the extensive light rail and transit network in the metro area. An extension of the line northwest to St. Cloud is in the planning stage.
- Energy and Entrepreneurship...a cluster of local energy
companies and entrepreneurs led to the county seat being designated
as Elk River Energy City by the Minnesota Environmental Initiative.
- Natural and Open Spaces...the Sherburne National Wildlife
Refuge, Mississippi River, Sand Dunes State Forest, and more open spaces
provide scenic respite when needed from the fast pace of business.
- Becker Community Development Director, Nick Ziegelman, 763-261-4302
- Big Lake Economic Development Director, Leslie Dingmann, 763-263-2107
- Elk River Economic Development Director, Annie Deckert, 763-635-1042
- Princeton City Administrator Mark Karnowski, (763) 389-2040
- Zimmerman Economic Development Director, Randy Piasecki, 763-856-466