Sherburne County, Minnesota is a great place to locate and grow your
business. What is the Sherburne Advantage? See the advantages listed below
and also our Tools for Business Success web site. Contact Dan Weber, Economic Development Specialist at 763-765-4901.
- Development Assistance...Sherburne County communities are well organized for economic development and can work quickly to meet business needs.
- Cost Effective Government...high quality government services
yet still boasting a county property tax rate among the lowest in Minnesota.
- Education that Works...ongoing, progressive business/education
partnerships throughout the County.
- Choice Real Estate...available, reasonably priced
commercial/industrial land and housing.
- Transportation Links...easy access to I-94, U.S. Highways 10 and 169, Burlington Northern/Santa Fe Railroad mainline, and the St. Cloud Regional Airport. Commuter rail service via The Northstar Corridor connects Sherburne County communities, with downtown Minneapolis and the extensive light rail and transit network in the metro area. An extension of the line northwest to St. Cloud is in the planning stage.
- Energy and Entrepreneurship...a cluster of local energy
companies and entrepreneurs led to the county seat, Elk River, being designated
as Energy City by the Minnesota Environmental Initiative.
- Natural and Open Spaces...the Sherburne National Wildlife
Refuge, Mississippi River, Sand Dunes State Forest, and other parks provide opportunities to enjoy nature and a variety of recreational opportunities.