Sherburne County is served by the Great River Regional Library system. GRRL serves a population of over 350,000 residents, with over 115,000 registered borrowers in a 5,000 square mile area of central Minnesota. Other counties also served by GRRL include Benton, Morrison, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, and Wright counties.
GRRL has branch libraries in 4 cities in Sherburne County:
Please visit the Great River Regional Library website for more information about branch libraries and services.
Free Community Legal Education Seminar
Navigating the Legal System When Getting a Divorce Presented by Attorney Rhonda J. Magnussen, of Rhonda J. Magnussen LLC
offered on Tuesday, April 28th 4:00 pm at the Government Center download seminar flyer
The Sherburne County Law Library is located within the government center and is maintained by the Sherburne County Law Library Board. It provides residents of the county with public information on local, state and federal laws, public court forms and community resources.Our Mission: "Provide public access to current legal information and to help self-represented litigants navigate the legal system. To accomplish this goal, the Sherburne County Law Library maintains a comprehensive legal research collection, including legal publications, state and federal rules and statutes, and online legal research."
The library is open to the public whenever the court house is open - but cannot provide legal advice. Materials in the library are not available for check-out, but a pay copier is available for your use. The law library also offers Court Forms, Self-Help materials, legal pamphlets & photo copying.Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
The Law Librarian is on-site:
Location: Sherburne County Government Center - Second Floor.
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 8am-4pm
- Thursdays from 11am-4pm
Free Law Clinic
Central Minnesota Legal Services in cooperation with the Law Library and local volunteer attorneys offers a Free Law Clinic the first and third Wednesday of each month from 12 noon to 1pm. Sherburne County residents or those with a Sherburne County case may participate.
This one time counseling session is to assist self-help patrons seeking directions and guidance in family law and associated matters. Patrons must sign up in advance. To sign up, please contact the Law Librarian at 763-229-3056. Patrons need to bring their court papers, orders, and documents to the meeting. Please arrive promptly; as patrons are served on a first-come first serve basis.
Questions, comments, and additional information may be directed to Elissa Bleess, Sherburne County Law Librarian.
Free Legal Consultation/Referral Information
The Sherburne County Law Library now offers a free legal consultation or referral information to those needing legal advice.
To arrange an appointment on Tuesday mornings from 8am to 12 noon with Attorney Duwane B. Snyder - Central Minnesota Law in Becker or Thursday afternoons 12 noon to 4pm with Attorney Sean Dillon - White and Associates in Elk River, call Elissa Bleess, Sherburne County Law Librarian at 763-229-3056.
This Self Help Project is a public service of the Law Library in addition to our Law Clinics held on the first and third Wednesdays of each month in cooperation with Central Minnesota Legal Services. For more information call the law library.
The Library's online catalog includes titles held at the Minnesota State Law Library, and various County Law Libraries throughout Minnesota.
When you search the law library, you will get results from all the collections (state and county law libraries). To search on-line for items owned by the Sherburne County Law Library, you will need to:
- Minnesota State Court System: - Over 250 downloadable forms from Marriage Dissolution to Conciliation Court. Click on "Forms".
- Minnesota State Law Library: - Provides all State and Federal laws, agency rules, other self help resources.
- Minnesota Attorney Generals Office: - Complaint forms, fraud information, non-profit groups, your legal rights and consumer alerts
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry: - Workers' Compensation, employment, forms and statutes and rules, etc.
- Minnesota Department of Human Services: - Public information about Minnesota's child support program.
- Social Security Online: - Find senior consumer information, retirement, divorce, Medicare, etc.
- Miller Davis Company: - Commercial forms supplier for Power of Attorney, Guardianship, etc.
- Nolo - Law for All: - Self help site provides information on a large variety of legal information.
- Findlaw: - Provides links to legal information and background on various legal topics.
- Sherburne County Government: - County Officials, Public Services, Location, and Law Library 763-765-4800